Berlin local DJ heroes Kalle Kuts and Daniel W. Best a.k.a. G.I.DISCO have compiled an excellent 80s Soul, Funk, R & B and Disco selection. It combines representative music of that time with informative liner notes about the German historical background (which also is an important part of 20th century´s world history), international artist quotes and worldwide renowned art by Berlin based photographer Frank Thiel to an unique history lesson and listening experience.
Soul, Funk and R&B from the US became a worldwide dance and clubbing movement during the 70s when it turned "disco". In the late 70s and 80s more and more new electronic instruments like synthesizers and drum machines were added to the horn riffs and piano licks, bringing the Funk back on the dance floor while still leaving it´s soul untouched. Although a global success story, it played an interesting role especially in the German experience.
01. Timex Social Club - Rumours
02. Cashmere - Let The Music Turn You On
03. Skyy -Show Me The Way
04. Freeez - I.O.U.
05. BB & Q Band - Riccochet
06. The O'Jays - Put Our Heads Together
07. Caprice - 100%
08. Valentine Brothers – Money’s Too Tight To Mention
09. Barbara Mason - Another Man
10. Surface - Falling In Love
11. The Cool Notes - Spend the Night
12. Wish ft. Fonda Rae - Touch Me